Saturday, August 25, 2007

ICE CREAM IN AN ELEGANT GLASS



IS THERE ANYONE WHO DOESN'T LOVE ICE CREAM? Well, I guess there must be someone somewhere. I think ice cream, especially with strawberry-rhubarb jam for a topping is a perfect evening treat.

Recently, I bought an ice cream maker. My first attempt wasn't a cooked ice cream, and not made with all cream, so it's not as smooth as the real thing, but it is a delicious frozen dessert. One of the reasons I wanted my own ice cream maker is because I now can know what's in the ice cream I eat - no chemicals. Then, just this week, I found a recipe book of 150 recipes for ice cream and ways to use it in other desserts. My next experiment will be coffee flavored.

The serving dish is American "elegant glass" probably from the 40's or 50's. I have not researched the pattern, but it's probably by Cambridge glass. I love the feel and shape of this dish. I only have one, however, but that's all I need for my evening snack.

1 comment:

Alice C. said...

Hey there--just came across your blog--I like your concept of just showing beautiful things! It's the beauty of nature that points me to the Lord, and beauty in everyday objects that reminds me the He gave us creative minds so we can glorify Him. I'll be checking back to see what other beauty you post on here.